Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined Sugar Free
It’s almost the end of winter here in Australia so I’m bringing out the summer vibes with some strawberries because I’ve just reached the stage in my gut healing protocol where I’m allowed to consume low fructose fruits – hello raspberries and strawberries. Can you tell I love my berries? 🙂
These gummies are seriously easy to make. Think back to making jelly as a child but only preservative, colouring and crap free! A great lunchbox addition for kids too!
Moulds – I use a silicone ice cube mould and/or any other silicone mould you have on hand. I found a cute love heart chocolate mould I had purchased off eBay for a few dollars and they make the gummies look super cute! Probably a better size for small children also.
Servings – This batch filled and I mean FILLED a 12 portion silicone ice cube mould plus a ___ portion small love heart mould. You could probably use two ice cube moulds and half fill them to make 24 gummies in total.
I do not recommend buying gelatin from the supermarket as this will not have any gut health benefits, in fact, quite the opposite. You can find grass fed gelatin online quite easily, the one I’m using is from Nutra Organics.
Sweetener – I used pure monk fruit extract from Naturally Sweet for this recipe as it is zero calorie, gluten free, keto friendly, sugar alcohol free and will not cause any digestive issues. It’s an incredible sweetener filled with mogrosides (antioxidant) which means it’s actually GOOD for you and gives an amazing sweet taste. You only need to use 1/8 to 1/4 tsp at any one time so the tub lasts 6-12 months easily making it a great investment. I also have a discount code for the Naturally Sweet website you can use on your order – BLONDE10
Strawberries – I used frozen strawberries but fresh will do the job also. If using frozen, defrost the strawberries overnight, on the stove (microwave if you wish) before blending.
Gut Friendly Strawberry Gummies
- Combine water with gelatin and set aside to 'bloom'. It will turn into a jelly like consistency.
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and monk fruit to a high speed blender with any extra add ins like acai powder and blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a saucepan and gently stir over a low heat.
- Add gelatin to the saucepan and continue stirring until it dissolves.
- Once the gelatin has dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes before pouring into moulds.
- Set in the frige for 3-4 hours, remove from the moulds and store in the fridge for one week or the freezer for a couple of months.
- You can replace monk fruit sweetener with 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey.
- Feel free to replace the lemon juice with lime juice for strawberry daquiri vibes!
- You can substitute water for coconut water or kombucha.
- Additional add ins you might want to add include:
- probiotic capsules (just open the caps and pour the powder in to the blender)
- liver capsules (an absolute powerhouse of nutrients)
- Vitamin C or kakadu plum powder
I absolutely love knowing when you make one of my recipes, so make sure you tag me or send me a message on Instagram. You can also leave a comment/reply below and let me know what you think :).
- Buy my gluten free collagen cookie mix
- Reusable glass straws
- Natural bone broth and gut friendly sauces
- My water filter system
- Sign up to Shopback with my referral code: teWAiB for free money into your account