Smooth, creamy layers that will satisfy any sweet tooth
This is a thick, smooth, creamy dream for all of my chocolate lovers out there! Warning: this recipe is DROOLWORTHY!
But don’t worry, of course I have kept this delicious dessert nice and healthy with a punch of protein, while keeping it low sugar.
You must use a delicious tasting protein powder in your chocolate layer otherwise you risk your parfait tasting like a pile of sand, we don’t eat sand on this blog! I use the Happy Way protein powders in most of my recipes, they have a great range of flavours in both vegan and whey protein (save 10% with code HAPPYBLONDE).
I tend to use Chobani FIT or YoPro vanilla yoghurt to make this but you can also use a plain Greek yoghurt, it just may be a little sour. If so, add in a little extra stevia and vanilla to sweeten.
If you love mousse/gelato or anything cold, creamy and chocolatey then you must make this immediately!
- 1 scoop (30g) chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp oat flour or almond meal
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 small tub of thick vanilla or plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp stevia blend or vanilla stevia drops (save 10% with code BLONDE10)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine your chocolate ingredients in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Add almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until you have a thick smooth texture.
- Combine vanilla ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Start with the vanilla mix adding a thick layer to the bottom of a glass cup or jar.
- Top with a thick layer of the chocolate mix.
- Add frozen strawberry pieces on top of the chocolate mix then repeat until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Top with more strawberry and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour or overnight.
Trust me when I say it is worth the 1 hour wait. The parfait needs this time to thicken up and the strawberries need this time to defrost. The end result will be thick, smooth, creamy and glorious! If you want something a little extra, you can layer some healthy home made jam between the layers.
I absolutely love knowing when you make one of my recipes so make sure you tag me or send me a message on Instagram. You can also leave a comment/reply below if you make this dreamy parfait and let me know what you think :).
- Reusable glass straws
- Natural bone broth and gut friendly sauces
- Our water filter system
- Sign up to Shopback with my referral code: teWAiB for free money
Need a hydration boost? Check out my DIY natural electrolyte drink.