Gluten free, Dairy free, Low Sugar
If you haven’t toasted coconut before then get ready to be mesmerised by the awesome flavour hit. Not sure how to do it? Check out my toasted coconut fudge recipe where I explain exactly how to go about toasting the coco, recipe is here.
We have been working from home permanently for about 5 or 6 weeks now due to the lock down and I’m not sure about anyone else but the hunger is REAL so I was inspired to make some simple snacks that won’t cause a gassy stomach or bloated stomach and these toasted coconut joys are the gut friendly recipe you need!
Feel free to replace the coconut sugar with stevia or sugar replacement of your choice, I just love the caramelly undertones of coconut sugar, you can’t beat it IMO. I buy from Naturally Sweet Australia and have a code to save you $$ – BLONDE10.
If you like this recipe, please remember to give it a rating below, as it really helps me to be able to keep creating and sharing recipes with you all!
Toasted Coconut Joys
- 40 grams dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Combine almond butter and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add toasted coconut, coconut flour, collagen, coconut sugar and salt. Mix everything together really well.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out 8 or 9 even sized portions onto baking paper and place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes
- Melt chocolate with 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Dip each bite/ball into the coconut mixture and return to the paper to set.
- Use any leftover chocolate to drizzle over the top for decoration.
I absolutely love knowing when you make one of my recipes, so make sure you tag me or send me a message on Instagram. You can also leave a comment/reply below and let me know what you think :).
It’s time to start toasting your coconut!!
- Buy my gluten free collagen cookie mix
- Reusable glass straws
- Natural bone broth and gut friendly sauces
- My water filter system
- Sign up to Shopback with my referral code: teWAiB for free money into your account