Vegan, Low Sugar, Gluten free
Now is definitely the time to start toasting your coconut because it just takes the flavour to a whole new level!!
Start with 1/2 cup desiccated coconut spread over a lined baking tray and bake at 170C for 6-8 minutes. You will need to keep a close eye on it as the tiny pieces of coconut are quite delicate and can burn easily. Once nice and toasted, remove the tray from your oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Toasted coconut is a delicious gut friendly addition to your breakfast bowl, desserts and recipes. Use it to make my fudge recipe below or try out these delicious toasted coconut joys, you won’t regret making these for your weekly treats!
If you love fudge then you must try these cashew butter fudge fingers. They are always a hit with family and friends and super simple to make.
Of course, if you’re not into making things from scratch, check out my gluten free collagen cookie mixes. You only need two ingredients, mix, roll, bake and eat. They have the same great taste and texture as a Mrs Fields cookie; perfectly soft and chewy centre but with 50% less sugar AND they’re gluten free. I just know you will love them!
Back to the fudge….
Toasted Coconut Fudge
- Combine macadamia butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour, toasted coconut, protein powder and stevia. Combine well.
- Transfer to a mini loaf tin or container lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp coconut sugar and more toasted coconut.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Slice into pieces and serve or store in the fridge.
I absolutely love knowing when you make one of my recipes, so make sure you tag me or send me a message on Instagram. You can also leave a comment/reply below and let me know what you think :).
- Reusable glass straws
- Natural bone broth and gut friendly sauces
- My water filter system
- Sign up to Shopback with my referral code: teWAiB for free money into your account