I think my record for throwing this together in the morning is around 60 seconds and then another 60 seconds to skull it down before running out the door ?. This is SUCH a good way to start the day because you are not consuming empty calories on a coffee, you’re getting a serve of protein which is one of our essential macronutrients ??.
I highly recommend using a clean protein powder that is sweetened with stevia. It will give a really nice vanilla/sweet flavour to your iced coffee without adding any sugar or syrups that are used to make the traditional version ??.
• 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
• 200ml almond milk
• Coffee – I use decaf
• Optional: cinnamon and a tsp of MCT oil (healthy fat). I highly recommend adding this if you’re skipping breakfast.
What you need to do ☕️⬇️:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Make one or two shots of coffee. Instant coffee works also, just use hot water to dissolve the granules.
– Make a vanilla protein shake in a shaker with 200ml of almond milk.
– Half fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the protein shake into the glass.
– Top with coffee and stir ☕️.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you’re lucky enough to have a coffee machine at work like I do, stash some vanilla protein at your desk and you can make this as an afternoon pick me up in the office ??.
From experience, anyone who enters the office kitchen while you’re making it will think “WTF are you doing?” but they’re quite envious when they witness the end product ?.
Tip: I like to make the shot of coffee in advance and let it sit for 10mins to cool down so that my iced coffee is super cold ❄️.