This keto cookies recipe is going to change your life! I like to refer to them as brookies and if you’re wondering what on earth is a brookie? Allow me to enlighten you. Brownie + cookie combined = brookie. A wonderful creation that combines the ooey gooey goodness of chocolate brownie with the slightly crunchy exterior of a slightly chewy cookies. A truly magical sensation for your taste buds, trust me!
Healthy Keto Cookies Recipe
As always, I have put my own little spin on this keto cookie recipe making them gut friendly, sugar free and dairy free. Personally, I do not follow a ketogenic diet, however I do believe that sugar can be quite detrimental for gut health and then as a result impact our overall health, particularly over time. A high sugar diet can easily harvest more bad bacteria than good in our microbiome, so I do aim to minimise sugar and live a very low sugar lifestyle hence why many of my healthy dessert recipes are keto friendly
Feel free to add some sugar free chocolate chips or dark (low sugar) chocolate chips to this keto cookies recipe. Make it your own with whichever add ins your tastebuds desire.
If you love chocolate then you must check out this keto chocolate brownie recipe while you’re here.
Ingredients to make this Recipe
- Almond butter – I used almond butter to make these however I have also used peanut butter in this recipe and both variations turned out absolutely delicious.
- Powdered stevia – I used my favourite stevia blend from Naturally Sweet to make this keto cookies recipe instead of regular icing sugar (powdered sugar). Just pulse in a blender for a few seconds and you will have a sugar free powdered sugar. Store any leftovers in an airtight jar or container for your next healthy recipe.
- Cacao powder –
- Eggs – I always buy free range eggs but you do you
- Vanilla Extract – good quality vanilla extract makes ALL the difference. I quite like the Rodelle Gourmert pure vanilla extract which is now available in Australia on Amazon.
- Salt – If you’re a regular blog reader you will know I love celtic sea salt for its health benefits and delicious taste.
How to make this Keto Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper or a reusable cookie mat.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients; stevia, cacao, salt and baking soda.
- Measure out almond butter using a scale – I like this method vs using a measuring cup because it creates less mess and less washing up.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the almond butter, pour over the dry mixture and combine into a dough. It is going to be THICK.
- Bake the keto cookies for approximately eight minutes. See note below.
Most Importantly – It is very important not to overcook this keto cookie recipe I cannot stress this enough! When you remove the brookies from the oven they will be soft, VERY soft, to the point where you will think, surely these are no cooked. You will be tempted to cook them for a little bit longer but I plead with you, do not! Remove from the oven while they are still super soft. They will continue baking on the hot baking sheet and once completely cool (about 1 hour or so) they will harden up and you will be so grateful you trusted me :).
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A RATING, REVIEW AND/OR COMMENT BELOW. THIS IS THE BEST (FREE) WAY TO SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND ASSIST FELLOW READERS!
Keto Cookies Recipe | Chocolate Brownie Cookies (Brookies)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Combine powdered stevia, cacao, baking powder and salt.
- Add peanut butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Combine into a thick dough.
- Scoop the dough out onto the baking sheet into 10 even sized balls.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (30mins minimum)
Did you make this Keto Cookies Recipe?
Share a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedthatblonde – I absolutely love seeing you recreate my recipes