Oreo Cheesecake Balls
Cheesecake is definitely one of my all-time favourite desserts and these oreo cheesecake balls combine my love for cheesecake with the divine cookies and cream flavour of oreos. If you want to make friends at a dinner party or impress family at the next bbq, TAKE THESE! I guarantee that all hands will be reaching for one within seconds.
This recipe does require a little bit of patience. That is because we are not making a traditional cheesecake recipe with a biscuit base, in fact there is no base whatsoever, that’s what makes these cheesecake balls. For that reason, the oreo cheesecake balls needs to ‘set’ and become quite firm before you can coat them in milk chocolate. That is why the instructions direct you to set the cheesecake balls in the freezer for twenty minutes prior to dipping in chocolate.
If the oreo cheesecake balls are not set, firm or slightly frozen when you dip them into melted chocolate, they may melt and you may end up with a bowl of chocolatey cheesecake mess. Whilst I have absolutely no doubt that this mess would taste FANTASTIC, it would not be the desired end result which is beautiful little bite sized balls of oreo cheesecake goodness.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
I found sugar free copy cat Oreos in the health food isle of Woolworths and used those in this recipe but feel free to use regular Oreos or any cookie of your choice.
When it comes to powdered stevia, I use my blender to turn this stevia into powder form and then store in an airtight container for whenever I need a sugar free icing sugar. Use code BLONDE10 to save on Naturally Sweet products.
- Cream cheese
- High protein vanilla yoghurt – I like the Yopro brand or ChobaniFit.
- Vanilla extract
- Oreos or sugar free copy cat oreos found in the health food isle at my local supermarket (Woolworths)
- Powdered stevia
- Coconut flour
- Milk chocolate – use any chocolate you like in this recipe
- Coconut oil
*For the full list and quantity of ingredients required, see the recipe card further down in this post.
HOW TO MAKE OREO CHEESECAKE BALLS
- Crush up theo Oreos and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add all other filling ingredients to the bowl and combine really well.
- Place the mix in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture into even sized balls, scooping out onto a baking sheet or container lined with baking paper.
- Place truffles in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Melt milk chocolate with coconut oil until smooth.
- Use two forks to dip the balls in the chocolate, coating generously and place bake onto the baking sheet.
- Once all of the balls are coated in chocolate, allow to set in the fridge.
- Keep oreo cheesecake balls stored in the fridge for up to five days – I have a sneaking suspicion they will not last that long LOL.
Enjoy in moderation. I recommend sharing with family and friends because the temptation is REAL with these oreo cheesecake balls.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A RATING, REVIEW AND/OR COMMENT BELOW. THIS IS THE BEST (FREE) WAY TO SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND ASSIST FELLOW READERS!
Oreo Cheesecake Balls
- 180 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams high protein vanilla yoghurt (like Yopro)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup stevia (powdered)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Crush up your oreos and add to a mixing bowl
- Add all other filling ingredients to the bowl and combine really well
- Place the mix in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture into even sized balls, scooping out onto a baking sheet or container lined with baking paper and place truffles in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden
- Prepare the chocolate coating by melting milk chocolate with coconut oil until smooth. Use two forks to dip the truffles in the chocolate, coating generously and place bake onto the baking sheet
- Once all truffles are coated in chocolate, place in the fridge to set for approximately 20 minutes
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to 5 days
Did you make these Oreo Cheesecake Balls?
If you LOVE chocolate like me and need a serious sugar hit, then try my recipe for hidden oreo cups or if you’re looking for a cold dessert on the healthier side, don’t worry I also got you with my Greek yogurt parfait.
Share a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedthatblonde – I absolutely love seeing you recreate my recipes.