These little baked muffs are my go-to snack at the moment. They certainly aren’t the prettiest looking muffys due to the lack of gluten, dairy and sugar but they are much cheaper to make than buying protein bars and best of all you get to control exactly what goes in them, so as long as your protein powder is quite clean you will end up with a quick &. healthy snack.
- 2.5 scoops (75g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 overripe bananas or 3 small bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (or any berries)
- Preheat oven to 175degrees and grease muffin pan with spray coconut oil.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl and then add remaining wet ingredients
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl, stir until combined
- Mix through frozen raspberries
- Bake for 25-30mins or until looking slightly golden around the edges
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing.
- Once completely cool, you can store in the freezer (if they make it there) I think the banana flavour is stronger once they have cooled, so I prefer them room temperature as opposed to straight out of the oven but maybe I’m losing it.
Give them a try this weekend 🙂