This coffee protein smoothie is made without frozen banana and is both refined sugar free and dairy free. A delicious, healthy and high protein breakfast option to kick start your day.
Love Iced Coffee?
If you love iced coffee but don’t like all of the refined sugars, syrups and hidden calories that come with it, then you are going to LOVE this coffee protein smoothie. It is not just a healthier alternative but also very cheap to make at home compared to the average cost of your Starbucks drink.
Which Coffee is best to use in this recipe?
I use granulated coffee in this recipe. It is cheap, easily accessible at every single supermarket and does not need to be dissolved in hot water prior to adding to the blender. If you would prefer to use an espresso shot or another type of coffee, go for it! Perhaps just let it cool slightly before making your coffee protein smoothie, as you want it to be nice and cold.
I actually don’t drink real coffee anymore but I do still very much enjoy the flavour. I have been using an organic decaf coffee and love it. I actually cannot taste the difference between caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee which is great. I still get the strong coffee flavour but without the anxious buzz from caffeine.
Ingredients for Coffee Protein Smoothie
- Granulated Coffee – see suggestions above for alternatives and decaf.
- Ice – to make your smoothie ice cold!
- Milk of your choice – any milk will work in this recipe.
- Stevia – feel free to use any sweetener of your choice in this recipe like honey, maple syrup or monk fruit.
- Protein Powder – Caramel, vanilla or chocolate flavoured protein powders work really nicely in this recipe and you can use a vegan or whey protein powder to cater to different dietary needs
- Avocado – This is not only a good source of fat for the smoothie, it helps to create a divine thick texture. If you are unsure about the avocado (I promise you cannot taste it), then add some nuts, nut butter or coconut oil in your coffee protein smoothie instead.
- Frozen zucchini/courgette – A great alternative to frozen banana in smoothies. If you are using frozen zucchini in your smoothie for the first time, try removing the skins prior to freezing as this will remove the bitter flavour you may taste.
More Smoothies you will love
- Healthy Berry Collagen Smoothie
- SIBO Friendly Green Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Caramel Frappuccino
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A RATING, REVIEW AND/OR COMMENT BELOW. THIS IS THE BEST (FREE) WAY TO SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND ASSIST FELLOW READERS
Coffee Protein Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend for twenty seconds to combine, pause and blend for a further twenty seconds until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a glass smoothie cup or serving jar and serve straight away.
Did you make this Coffee Protein Smoothie?
I would love it if you shared a photo and tagged me on Instagram @feedthatblonde – I absolutely love seeing you recreate my recipes, it really makes my day and puts a smile on my face.