(gluten, dairy and refined sugar free)
No protein powder required for this recipe but a little punch of protein from the chickpeas makes this slice a really nice morning tea treat!
I’ve said this before but I so wish I started experimenting with chickpeas in my baking sooner because they make the BEST cookie dough flavour/texture.
• 1 can of chickpeas thoroughly rinsed & drained. You have to make sure you wash the chickpeas REALLY well (I also peeled the skins from the chickpeas)
• ½ cup milk of your choice
• ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 4 tbsp (80g) peanut butter
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
• ½ cup stevia
• ¾ cup (90g) almond meal
• 2 tbsp golden flax meal (make sure they are NOT heaped tablespoons)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of himalayan pink salt
• ½ cup chocolate chips⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
– Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
– Add chickpeas, milk, ACV and nut butter to a food processor/blender and mix until smooth.
– Add almond meal, baking powder, sweetener, flax meal, cinnamon, salt and mix again.
– Stir through the ¾ of the chocolate chips.
– Spoon the batter into the lined brownie tin.
– Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips
– Bake for 25-27 minutes.
– Allow to cool completely, the slice will firm up slightly as it cools.
– Cut into your desired size bar.
I’m trying to create a recipe here and there without using protein powder as I know it features in ALL of my recipes!
A little sneak peek for next months newsletter: no protein powder required for the recipe you will be receiving ?. If you haven’t already, sign up to the newsletter to receive one special recipe each month straight to your inbox.